Monday, January 5, 2009

christmas play

Just for those of you who wanted to hear about the NCF christmas play, here is an excerpt from Abby's update:
CHRISTMAS PLAYS ARE NOT DULL:

Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel."

Anytime you put a bunch of kid's together . . . it's pretty much a recipe for excitement.  And, the New City Christmas Pageant has been no exception.  It has been such a delight to work with the kids, and . . . even more of a delight to see all their hard work come to a culmination on the 21st.  Angel costumes, shepherd's staff's, and cardboard sheep took their places.  I was so proud of the kids.  They remembered their lines (for the most part), sang loudly, and really brought the wonder of the gospel to the church service.  For me, the true meaning of Christmas was ushered in as Rose sang "O Come O Come Emmanuel" a capella from the back of the sanctuary.  I got chills as I listened to her beautiful voice and considered what it an amazing thing it is to have Christ, Emmanuel come to earth as a babe.  Thank you so much for all your prayers for the program.  It was a bigger undertaking than I think Karis or I imagined, but it was certainly worth all the effort.  Our hope is that the kids were able to take away the truth of the gospel story from the pageant. 

No comments: